Thursday, September 29, 2011

Baby Shower Gifts: Embellished Onesies

I love baby showers. I really do. Especially the kind where you just kind of hang out and chit chat and swap pregnancy/birth/motherhood stories and eat yummy food and ooh and aah over the decorations and cute presents and favors. Those are my favorite. Tonight I got to attend one such shower and had a fabulous time. Two gals were being honored tonight, one who's due with her 3rd boy in about a week and another who's expecting her 3rd girl towards the end of November. Cool, huh?

Of course making baby stuff is a real treat for me, so I thoroughly enjoyed spending this afternoon creating some one-of-a-kind onesies to gift to my fellow expectant mommys. I did something similar a while back for another friend's shower and had such a good time with it then that I thought I'd try it again. ( I have to say, Pinterest came in real handy when I was looking for ideas. Do you Pinterest yet?)

As usual I started with a couple packs of white onesies, but this time I bought those kimono-style tees as well because they're just so stinking cute. Here's the boy batch which includes...

... an appliqued elephant...

... a gray linen whale with tiny button eye...

... a creeping button caterpillar...

... and a dapper polka dotted bow tie.

The girl batch included...

... a strip of lace with some mother-of-pearl buttons down the center...

... a floral birdy...

... white eyelet ruffle trim...

... and a pink knit ruffle.

And just for a little humor, each one got one of these as well. (In case you can't tell, these are appliqued to the backside.)



I wish I'd had time to take a picture of them packaged, but I was in a little bit of a rush. All I did was roll up each onesie and tie it with some twine. I had some little tin buckets and filled them with the onesies, then attached a tag to the handle with a pink or blue ribbon.

I had so much fun making these- hope my friends like them, too!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

so adorable!!!! you are too talented. ha ha! I am still looking for my piece so i can get your help! i am so anxious to find a piece. xo

Melissa and Bryan said...

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THESE!!! I was so excited when I saw them, just ask my husband!! They are SO stinking cute!! And the way you wrapped them really was adorable! THANK YOU SO MUCH!! I love them!! You are so talented!! I can't wait to put them on my little guy!!!

hechthm said...

I'm kind of new to the whole DIY scene and I was wondering if you could help me out! I have a 3 year old and a 4 month old at home and I would just love to make stuff like this! I share your joy in making baby stuff! Could you tell me how you put the animals on the onesies? I love the elephant (the theme for my littlest man) and the caterpillar! Did you make your own elephant? If it is easier to e-mail me my e-mail is hechthm@hotmail.com. Thank you so much!!

Rhiannon said...

So cute! All of them! My fave is the caterpillar, and have featured it on my blog. What a great finish you've done.

http://myhandcraftedhome.blogspot.com/2011/10/one-day-monday.html

baby shower gifts ideas said...

Hi friends,

There are so many baby gift choices for that special shower gift to give that little angel in your life. If you want a shower gift that is special but also practical for babies, then you should know that one of the best first baby gifts are baby shoes! Thanks a lot....

Anonymous said...

If you are looking for the Baby shower gifts
then read and see the pictures describes in this blog...

baby gifts said...

Such a nice ideas.

Joel Watson said...

Baby showers are actually the perfect time to get together with friends and talk about a variety of modern baby gifts, apart from sharing your pregnancy or birthing experiences. Thanks for imparting those beautiful embellished onesies.

infinity said...

Do you have instruction for your Caterpillar onesie, I love it

Infinity